In case you hadn’t heard, Speed Week was cancelled at Bonneville due to rain. It is only one of I believe, three races lost due to weather in the last 60 outings by the SCTA. The whole story of the event is on the SCTA home page. It offers some insight as to the event organization and experience level of the personnel involved. It is always a decision that is fraught with second-guessing and doubt, one I am glad I don’t have to make for anyone else but our team. The SCTA will have a Board meeting August 22 to determine the event schedule changes (if any) for the World Final event we will be attending.
As you can see from the photos, the process of changing the bike from a turbo gasser to an injected nitro bike is rather involved. The target for start-up of the fueler is August 30, pending a lack of additional obstacles.
The big red bike is basically ready to go into the trailer. The big event of the week (other than moving it around) was adding extra Velcro to the seat pad to preclude it moving around or coming off at an inopportune time.
Feel free to stop by and take a look, as it is in the warehouse, tail section and all with everyone on it.
As the schedule sits, we planned to leave Sunday September 28 at 8 a.m., but with the possibility of the SCTA extending the event and not knowing which direction and how long, we are making sure we will be ready to go either Friday the 26th or Saturday the 27th. As usual, the drive will be a straight 24 hour deal. We reserved motel rooms for extra days on both ends of the original plan, as the 600 plus Speed Week entrants will be possibilities for competition for rooms in October. Nothing like having $1800 in motel costs on a credit card to slow it down.
We are planning a sponsor thank you sometime the week before we leave, the timing dependent upon the SCTA Board decision on the event’s duration, which then feeds back to the schedule to load out, a two-day process in itself.
Well, back to the benches to reassemble the nitro puzzle.
All the best!